Ronie Kendig tagged me with a new kind of meme, counting your blessings. I think this is a great idea. So often we get caught up with what’s going on in our lives that we forget to see how truly blessed we are.
1. A friend who has blessed me: (there are so many…) Jenny for her unfailing support of me as my personal cheerleader.
2. An unexpected gift: our new house (yes, we’re moving, more on that later.)
3. A kind word shared with me recently: Someone told me I had a beautiful voice.
4. Something that makes me stop and praise God: the Arizona sky at sunset during monsoon season
5. Something I’m looking forward to: Hanging out with you all at the ACFW conference
6. A particular part of me I’m pleased with: my sense of humor.
7. Something in my life that I wanted but never expected: the life I have now
8. A place that moved/moves me: I started to put the ocean, but I think a lightning storm off my back porch is right up there.
9. One thing/person that always makes me smile: my kids (of course, they make me pull my hair out too)
10. Most recent “love note” from God: In a post on one of the e-mail loops I’m on, someone mentioned a verse that God has used in the past to speak to me. It was like a little tap on the shoulder from God to remind me that He still knows what’s going on and that all is not as it seems.
Wow, that was harder than I thought, mostly because a lot of things are hard to explain in a short sentence, or hard to narrow down to one.
Now it’s your turn. I could pick some specific people like Jenny (because her blog is titled Abundant Blessings) or Mike (because he needs to update his blog) or Jeanne (because she talks about this stuff all the time on her blog) or Malia and Sabrina (because they’ve been blessings to me). But I’m thinking instead that anyone who wants to do this should. Leave a comment here when your top ten blessings are on your blog, and we’ll all come visit and celebrate with you.